Hard to the Core
Hard-Wear® concrete is an innovative ready mix product that outperforms other mixes, even under the toughest of conditions.
Hard-Wear® concrete is a revolutionary mix for high wear, high traffic applications. Strength and durability are built right into Hard-Wear® concrete mixes ensuring uniform hardness and wear resistance throughout the full depth of the slab, not just on the surface. Hard-Wear® concrete is ideal for applications requiring abrasion resistance.
- Available in air-entrained and non-air-entrained mixes
- Can be used for all applications
- Compatible with all finishing applications including troweled, broomed, or stamped
- Placed and finished the same as standard concrete
- Improved finishability with reduced placing labor
- Eliminates performance inconsistencies typically experienced with other types of hardeners
- Increased abrasion, wear and impact resistance
- Uniform hardness throughout the full depth of the slab, not just the surface
- Eliminates hardener delamination Plant batching ensures quality control, consistency and full slab wear resistance
- Cost savings to owners compared to other high performance concretes and placers due to the elimination of additional hardeners and clean up
- Eliminates performance problems experienced with other labor intensive hardeners
- Environmentally Friendly
- Elimination of dust and dust protection improves working environments
LEED friendly mixes are available upon request. LEED mixes may be used in residential or commercial projects to improve your project’s impact upon our environment.
The charts for Compressive Strength and Slump are a result of an engineering review conducted by D.R. (Rusty) Morgan, Ph.D., P.Eng., Chief Materials Engineer for AMEC Earth & Environmental Ltd. The Abrasion charts depict the results of tests conducted by Pildysh Technologies Inc.
Hard-Wear® concrete out-performed in all the tests conducted with a GU control and GU with a non-metallic hardener.